Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm Old...

Recently there has been a surprise surge of talking to ppl I used to live with. While spending so much time in front of the computer studying (and facebook-ing as well), I talked to 2 people that were my neighbours back in the condominium I used to live in.
.
The 1st person was Jia Jen(JJ). Haha..this guy damn funny la, the amount of time I spend with this guy was like more than the amount of time I spent with any other person in the condo. How I met him is a funny story actually. You see when I was in primary skool, while waiting for my transport to arrive, I met this small girl. Her name is Xin Yan. She was the talkative one cos I don simply say hi to small girls..haha..Anyway, whenever I mentioned of something, she would always go, "My brother can do this, my brother can do that." She had nothing but praise for this 'brother' of hers. Fast forward a few years, my cousin came to my hse once and we went to the basketball court to play some games. My cousin noticed his fren from skool and asked me, "Do u noe that guy?" I said no, hence an introduction was made. JJ is a year younger than me and we share similar interests. So after becoming rather close, one day I went to his hse. Surprise surprise I saw that small girl there so I asked, "What are u doing here?" She replied, "I live here!! What are u doing here?" -.- Then it struck me that I have met her 'full of praise' brother. We moved from Street Fighter to playing basketball, to playstation, to basketball again then to Fifa/Counterstrike.
.
The next person was Ai Yee. Aaahh..the girl I chat with while waiting for transport in early secondary. Its always the waiting for transport. Hardly spoke much with her after I moved out but we chat recently and realised so much has changed. Like now we are both in universities, I'm in Aus while she's in UK (Uni Reading).
.
.
Of course I have made plans to go back and visit them. Can hardly wait, they were the big part of my childhood. So many memories, disregarding fond ones or not.
.
Its not until I saw pictures of Xin Yan again that it struck me how much time flies by. I mean that was the talkative girl. That was the girl that me and JJ teamed up to bully (wahahaha..bully small kid). That was the small girl that we picked fights with and chased me around the house when she got mad at us. I think I remembered that she cried on one occasion -___-" But she's all grown up now. Elegant and pretty, (a bit the camwhore as well..lol). I mean yea la, I was nerdy and geeky back then but this is like some 7 years ago. And 7 years ago memories usually arent very clear when u think of them. 7 years ago should be quite vague by now but its not. All I can feel now, is I'm getting old!!...
.
.
hungry...ciaoz.

No comments: