Saturday, October 20, 2007

Unsung Instrument..

You know how people love the guitar or the piano...and there are superb soloist in both those instruments...
.
.
I'm talking musical instruments here..yea, u can see a lot of videos on youtube showing piano ballade pour ade(watever la...) or guitar playing superb plucking...
.
.
As a violinist(once was), I still remember I learnt violin because my mom said I had to learn violin before learning the guitar when I said I wanted to learn guitar...
.
.
Come to think of it, I think my mum wanted me to learn violin but then gave that lame excuse when I said I wanted to learn guitar..
.
After reachin grade 5 I stopped playing cos my interest in it wasn't that great and I wasted huge amounts of money getting that new violin, din bring it to Australia though..
.
But come to think of it, learning violin wasn't that bad either, and to me, its juz one of the most unsung hero in music.
.
No, I'm not talking classical music cos its rather obvious how important the violin is in an orchestra. But juz for example the song Canon in D was MADE for violin, u can play it on piano, and play it on guitar normal or rock style, its never gonna beat violin with its vibrato...
.
.
But back to normal pop music, many people don realise how important violin's harmonising is in the song...I think Jay Chou does..hehe.
.
Wanna hear? Go listen to An Jing(nice), Zui Hou De Zhan Yi(nice), Hei Se You Mo, Feng(nice), Ge Qian, Gui Ji, Kai Bu Liao Kou(very obvious), Long Juan Fong, Ye De Di Qi Zhang(the whole main minor notes are in violin) and hear the chorus, the great effect a violin brings!!
.
.
Maybe thats why I really like Jay's musics...not noticing that most of his nice songs contain violin....
.
Maybe picking up my violin again isn't such a bad idea, something to consider in the future.
.
(p/s: those with nice means the harmonising is superb if heard properly...appreciate it!!)
.
Not Hungry!!....ciaoz..

No comments: