Saturday, March 21, 2009

Memories that will drift away....

For a dunno wat reason, I call my grandmother ma ma...
.
.
Ma ma: *speaks in a hainanese dialect*
Me: Ma ma, wo bu hui jiang hai nan hua
Ma ma: bu hui jiang hai nan hua? ni shi se mo ren? ni jiang, ni shi se mo ren
Me: wo se hai nan ren...-____-"
Ma ma: Hai nan ren bu hui jiang hai nan hua, ni de peng you zhi dao, xiao se ni lo
Me: aw.....*at this point I will usually have some excuse to leave the table or my dad will interupt and start talking to her*
.
.
My grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's disease for a while now. While it was evident that this day would come, everybody is still caught by surprise when it actually does happen! Among my whole immediate family she is the most distant to me. And during the last few years the disease has reached its higher stages causing her to forget more and more and thus making this conversation as written above very frequent. Hmm...somehow, I wanna hear her say those words "Ni shi se mo ren" one more time...
.
.
Death is imminent, it is part of life and it is part of God's plan. There is a higher purpose for it to happen. We mourn the loss but we rejoice this passing on. Bye bye Ma ma....
.
.
still not hungry...ciaoz

No comments: