Monday, April 28, 2008

Life is short....

Have u ever wondered that when u are experiencing shit, it seems to take forever yet when u are having fun time seem to fly by in a blink of an eye(hey that rhymed!).
.
.
We never know when we will be called home to the Lord. It can strike anytime anywhere anyhow. A lot of us want to know how long we will live up to. If given the chance, would u ask God "When will I die?" or "How long will I live up to?" Do I live long enough to see the nxt Haley's comet or will I ever get to see how my great grandchildren will look like? I dunno man, but if I was given the chance to ask God when I will live up to, I wouldn't ask that question. I mean, what happen when u noe the day u will decease. Like if its tmr, u'll probably screw the homework and enjoy life as much as u can, if its in 10 yrs, u still would make full use of this 10 yrs. If its in 60 yrs, will u put a lifetime countdown on ur wall and cross out every yr that signifies 1 yr closer to the day I die. Knowing when u will die can really be scary. Imagine u having the most fun in ur life, maybe being together with a loved one, or at a theme park. Its the best time u ever had and u really dont want it to end. Now I'm telling u, I'm gonna take it away in 5 minutes. What would u feel? Will u be able to enjoy the remaining 5 mins knowing its gonna end, will u shout out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont let it end? Thats the perception I get if I know when I'm gonna die.
.
But then again not knowing the fatal date is quite saddening. Other than asking when I will die, we all want to know when a friend, family, loved one, relatives will pass away. Cos when we dont know that significant date it can strike us so fast that we cant believe that someone has just died. Imagine having someone taken away from u out of a sudden. The pain and remorse we feel having losing a companion is unbearable. But whats even worst is if we know when they would die. If I was to tell u the date of death of ur best fren, how would u feel. Go enjoy it with him/her last few moments? Let him be with his/her family till the very end? Counting down to the day he/she leaves the world and expecting death around the corner, isit more painful then having that person taking away out of a sudden? Job had everything he could want, but Satan took everything including his 3 sons in a flash. Despite saying the Lord gives and the Lord takes, was he really sad and remorseful of losing his sons just like that. Compare that to when God commanded Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac. Although it didn't happen, how did Abraham feel just before the slaying? It was like knowing when your loved one is going to die. .
.
.
Adrian Hoh was Ferrier Hodgson's director. He had strong philosophies on his own.
1) They should allow accountants to get a receivers license without having that 3 yrs audit experience.
2) Never wants to get married despite having a girlfriend.
3) Buy health insurance and not life insurance.
I used to laugh at these funny opinions cos they were one of a kind and he is one of a kind. He send me home once after a meeting in is dark blue proton wira constantly talking throughout the trip home. His reluctance to go in audit fields had him working in insolvency for 10 years now. And proud to say him being a chinese but never good at speaking makes him a banana just like me. Despite only knowing him less than 2 months, he is rather funny and I can still recall the day I left the company with him wishing me well, shaking my hand, and asking me to return to the company to work there one day. I even remember the time he scolded the waiter and manager for our food being an hour late. He bombarded them continuously and he didn't even give them a chance to talk back! He said thats they way to fire a person, before they can answer, throw them the nxt insult! Lol...
Adrian wasnt feeling well the pass 2 weeks, or so I was told. This morning, he passed away, I believe its of heart failure, which my ex-colleagues told me was heart atk. Is there a difference heart failure or heart atk? Nevertheless someone I knew was taken away by the Lord. Considering I barely knew him long, I still felt depressed, I cant imagine if someone close is taken away. And then another question pops into my head. Was it another christian that passed or was it another non-christian?
.
I've open up a new label on my posts under 'dedication'. I felt it was appropriate to honour ppl who leave this world that have left a mark in me. Or at least significant enough for me to consider a friend. Rest in peace Adrian...*update - i forgot to mention he was only 38, so dont take young age for granted!
.
.
p.s. to my Christian friends, treasure life cos its short compare to the eternity we spend with God, don't fall in love with worldly things and what God has taken away, there is a reason.
to my non Christian friends, sry about the biblical content, but its juz my rantings..hehe..if u are reading this blog, then u must know me rather well and I appreciate your friendship...pls pls pls take care of ur health!! Not feeling well, go see a doctor!!!
.
.
time for dinner, hungry...ciaoz

No comments: