Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Arrogant Idiot

U noe how many ppl tend to tell u all the differences between the aussies and the asians and how the cultural difference is shown clearly. Well for instance theres the racism. There's alot of comments saying that there are many aussies we run into that are racist. Like how some tram drivers will stop for another aussie bloke but when they see an asian dude running towards the tram they'll go like..hahaha, no way I'm letting this asian get onto the tram and they'll just close the door and rush off -___-". Then there's the friendly-ness of ppl. Asians tend to just hang around asians and not mingle around with the aussies, I mean lets face it, they white we yellow equals no same. But the aussies don't mind juz mixing around. I noe so many aussie dudes juz coming up to u and go like "hey man, how's it going?"
.
.
Then theres the openness culture. Aussies tend to show pda more often like hugging when they see a fren, giving a peck on the cheek. While the asians will like shake hands and hug only if ur like super close. Heck the aussies can even find some random stranger in the bar and take her home to errr....lets not get there (yea, juz look up stats on avg age of teens losing their virginity between westerns and asians). I dont even bother looking it up and I adi noe the difference.
.
.
But the one thing that I find amusing in Australia is the manners of the public servants. Sure some of them are racist but then if u are able to find a friendly aussie, he'll juz bring himself to ur lvl and talk to u. Don get wat I mean? Ok, lets say a tram cleaner gets onto the tram, he wont think himself of a lower lvl of society and juz talk to u like a normal fren. In Asia there's this hierachy where oh cleaners are lower lvls so dun talk to them and they wont talk to u. If its a tram inspector, after asking for ur tickets he wont abuse his power and can even crack a joke with the commuters. I dont have to elaborate on the police in Asia abusing their power bcos they think they have this "I am the law status!!"
.
.
Just earlier I reach back by train and I saw the digital board stating the nxt bus is at 7.23. Well considering the time was 6.53, it couldnt be right cos the bus intervals are every 15 mins. So I looked at the normal board and the departure time stated was 7.08. So I wanted to ask the bus driver. I knocked on the bus door and this old asian man was inside. He knew I was waiting but he took his own sweet time in drinking his water then opening the door. This was wat happenned:
Me: Excuse me, but does this bus leave at 7.08 and 7.23?
Bus Driver (BD): *stares at me with tulan face*...huh? why u telling me all these times for?
Me: *shocked at his rudeness* Cos the digital board says 7.23 and this board says 7.08
BD: I dunno.........
Me: ?
BD: All I noe is I'm leaving in 12 mins
Me: kthxbai..
.
.
I'm so shocked at the attitude he gave me, so rude. I bet if it was some aussie driver he'll give a smile and tell me the exact time. I mean yea so he's older than me, so I respected him in asking him politely, but his reply was as if I was some small kid who didnt know better...but after all these, an aussie would take down the bus number and that guys name and send in a formal complain to Connex. I, as an asian, walk away and complain about it on my blog cos I'm juz too darn lazy to do anything about it...lol...
.
.
not hungry...ciaoz..

No comments: