Sunday, March 30, 2008

Devotion..

Its a late Saturday night and I know that I have to get up early for church tmr, followed by a hectic evening in uni. Sometimes ppl frown and sigh when they have to give up their beauty sleep juz to attend church early the next morning. Its like going to church is a routine which they complete for the sake of their pre-planned day.
.
.
.
I remember somewhere last year when I decided to follow a few frens to AOG in Richmond. Going there I had to take a train, then a tram to the church. In total I spent 2 hours on travelling when the sermon was 2 hours. But when I went up the tram, there was this old man about late eighties probably in his nineties as well. He had trouble getting up the tram so my frens helped him out. Due to his age, he looked immobile and had a lot of difficulty moving around. In my mind I was thinking like 'ah pak, dun walk walk around ok, good good go home and sit down watch tv better'.
.
.
Then when we reached the church, the old man got down as well. It seems he was heading towards the church. Ok, an old man trying to get to church, wat so new about that. Well if u could have seen how he walks and the time he took to sip his hot chocolate after the sermon I think you would oso think he is a one of a kind. He left when we got our coffee. 10 mins later, we left the place to head back home. Before reaching the tram we saw that same old man walking towards the tram stop. Again, my kind hearted frens helped him up the tram. Then seeing we've adi helped him twice he decided to talk to us. He took deep breaths saying out each word carefully while we took our time to listen.
.
.
This man went to church in the morning, went home, take a short nap and head to church again(cos there was a special event that night) But the way I look at him he travelled way more than the time it took for the church service itself. This is an example of a man who loves God so much, he would go the distance juz to worship and praise Him. And he doesn't do it once but twice!!
.
.
Would you be that devoted when u are in ur golden years? Would u travel so far juz to attend church? People like this put a smile on my face :)
.
.
Not hungry...ciaoz

No comments: